Friday, October 9, 2009

Did you hate Phys Ed in high school?

Remember when you were in high school. Remember those days that you had to go to the gym for physical education. Did you dread it? I hated it too. I know it may be hard to believe. In my last year of high school I was able to take an extra math class in order to get out of phys ed.

What they called physical education was more about sports education. And I could not stand the constant focus on performance. I did not care about putting the little birdie in the back corridor. I just wanted to have fun by running around and smacking that birdie. That class was no fun. And I know that I’m not alone. There are a lot of you out there.

So you may wonder how I became a personal trainer. I started working out in my bedroom as a teenager. And I’ve always been fascinated with the human body. How it works and how it auto regulates. And when I started to study the physiology of exercise, I was hooked.

What I’m trying to say is that you need to let go of the gym class syndrome. High school has been over for a few years but I know it still haunts most of you, especially when you join a fitness facility. So find an exercise routine or activity you enjoy. And remember that it is all about you. Your challenge is to improve yourself. You don’t need to join a gym. You can workout at home and save the travelling time. Does it sound like a plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment