Monday, October 5, 2009

What is you metabolic type?

We all have different biochemistry. That means that we respond to a given food differently. As an example, I love peanut butter. And other people can die from it. Even though there are general guidelines that we should follow, we need to tweak our nutrition plan. You need to find a plan that works for you. To help you with that, here are a few questions that can help you determine your metabolic type.

Do you prefer:
A. Dark meat
B. Light meat


How would you describe yourself?
A. I live to eat
B. I eat to live


Do you often...
A. Add salt to your food
B. Find food too salty


I prefer my dairy products...
A. Richer, like full fat yogurt and cheeses
B. Lighter, like low fat yogurt and cheeses

About snacking
A. I feel better when I snack between meals
B. I don’t need to eat between meals

What type of breakfast you prefer?
A. Large breakfast including protein and fat
B. Light breakfast with cereal, fruits and bread

Results:

Carbohydrate (%) Protein (%) Fat (%)
Mostly A 35 45 20
Mix of A and B 50 40 10
Mostly B 70 20 10

These are just a few questions based on the research of Weston A. Price. He was a pionner in the field of nutrition. He studied different cultures that continued with their traditional way of eating. And our metabolic type is based on what our ancestors ate naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment