Thursday, October 8, 2009

Don’t break your bad habits

Yes you read it right. You should not try to break your old habits. For most of us it will lead to failure. So what should you do if you want to lose eight and have bad habits. The answer is to switch to a better habit.

Yes, take your bad or disgusting habit and switch it to a good, healthy one. Let’s say watch TV after dinner. Just trying to not watch TV will be really hard. You have to find something to do that will get you closer to your goal. You could go out and take a walk. If you have a tendency to snack on garbage, just buy healthy snacks. Don’t let temptation enter your house. Personally, I was in the habit of drinking coffee every morning. It felt like I did not have control over it. One morning I started drinking tea and I found that I was satisfied with the warm tea.

I would like to know what your habit switching successes are. Please share your experience. It may help someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment