Friday, September 11, 2009

Food diary and fat loss Part II

By now you should have at least 7 days recorded in your food diary. And I hope that it helped you in finding areas to improve. Also, I want to reinforce that you need to be honest with this. I used to train this lady that had a hard time losing weight. Even though she was following her food plan and exercising on a regular basis. I was running out of options until one day I spoke to one of her co-workers. And I learned that she "forgot" to tell me about her daily chocolate bar!!!

So the food journal is a very important tool. It will make you realize what you need to improve in terms of nutrition. And one day, you will figure out what approach works best for you. You will feel fantastic and have lots of energy. Then all you have to do is to go back a few days in your food journal and see what worked so well. Without having it on paper, you will always be guessing.

And consider this. In a recent study out of the University of Arkansas, the participants who kept a food record for 3 weeks or more, lost 3.5 pounds more then those who didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment