Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weight loss approach different for men?

I once had a conversation with a guy and he said that losing fat was a constant challenge for him. He said that he liked to eat like a man. And that meant to eat until being so full he felt sick. He could easily eat 2 pizzas and a tub of ice cream.

It’ true that most of us eat like vacuums. Personally, I never leave food on my plate. But now that I’m approaching 40, I can’t get away with the eating habits of my 20s. I figure I need to be smarter about it.

Guys, if you are overweight, it is time to make some changes before it’s too late. For most of you, you need to reduce your portions. Try to eat more regularly in order to control hunger. And just because the menu says “Hungry Man” doesn’t mean you should order it. And unless you plan to chop wood, the lumberjack breakfast may not be the best option.

At the same time, I’m not advocating that you make yourself miserable by eating like a bird. Find new habits that you will be able to maintain. Don’t try to starve yourself. If I don’t eat well, my wife thinks that there’s something wrong with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment