Monday, September 14, 2009

What is your weight loss goal?

If you are serious about getting leaner, setting goals can be a big motivator. It helps in keeping you focused. If you are starting, your goal may be to commit to 3 workouts per week. Or set up a food plan for a week and follow it. When you get those achievements under your belt, try to make them new habits.

Once you are eating well and are active, you can set a change goal. A goal like fitting in those pants that are "really" too tight. And make your goal attainable. I mean, if you are a size 42, don't set a goal to squeeze into a size 36 right away. The size 36 may be a great long term goal, just not appropriate for the short term. Makes sense?

And give yourself a realistic time line to achieve your goal. Anywhere from 8-16 weeks is OK. Now write down your goal in a positive statement. It coould look like this.

"Today (date), I can fit comfortably in my size (goal) pants. I am really proud of my achievement.

Give it a shot and let me now how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment